Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Creative Thing To Do

So, being a creative individual, I occasionally get the urge to grab my notebook, a pen, a list of things to do, and head to the nearest Starbucks. After all, what's cooler and more inspirational then working on your next big project at a coffee shop?

I pull into my parking spot, grab all my stuff, go in and order a mocha and a donut, sit down and get started. I read some notes, starting writing a couple of lines, then stop. This sucks!! Where's the glitz, where's the glam? Just a bunch of blank pages and zero ideas. Perhaps if I had an Apple laptop and I worked on stuff with that in a coffee shop, then I would be cool. Some days I really hate the stigma and label attached to creative people.

Oh well, on to actually getting some work done.

No comments: