Monday, February 11, 2008

Art of the Interview and Lighting Workshops

Well, it was a great weekend of learning some valuable information in the areas of interviewing people and lighting them. The lighting class was great in that it provided some fundamental lighting principles that I haven't really had the chance to play around with since I went to art school. The hands-on portion of the class was great and seeing the ways that you can manipulate and sculpt light was amazing and very exciting.

More inspiring and motivating was the art of the interview class. It lit a fire of excitement for what I do that I haven't really felt in some time. Seeing the process at which I work, and not being afraid of taking chances in asking tough questions, will hopefully push me towards some amazing moments in my upcoming trip to The Gambia.

All in all, the whole idea of a weekend of workshops is not only a brilliant idea, but you get to meet people that are doing exactly what you are, and that is worth a lot.

1 comment:

edd666666 said...

Hi, I see you are interested in the art of interviewing, so you may be interested in my blog that is devoted to it:http://conductknockoutbroadcastinterviews.com/blog/

Feel free to contribute to the blog. OK thanks and good luck, Ed Smith.